It's very important!
Spain’s most acclaimed composer, from 18 years is constantly collaborating with Pedro Almodóvar.He has composed scores for such avant-garde Spanish directors (Carlos Saura, Bigas Luna, Julio Médem) and also composed scores for Oliver Stone, John Malkovich, Fernando Meirelles, Marc Foster, Steven Soderbergh, and Tomas Alfredson.
Winner of 19 of the most important film awards. Awarded 3 times with the European Film Award for Best Original Soundtrack for Volver, Broken Embraces, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. He was nominated 3 times for the Academy Awards and for the BAFTA prize for Constant Gardener, The Kite Runner and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Ten times awarded with Goya Award, he broke the record as the most awarded artist.
A composer for the concert hall (orchestra, ensemble and string quartet), Alberto Iglesias work in ballet also includes original scores for dancer and choreographer Nacho Duato and his National Dance Company. He wrote and produced Cautiva, Tabulae, Cero Sobre Cero and Self.
His considerable experience in film composition began in 1980, he is an author of more than 50 soundtracks for the most important Spanish movies of directors such as Pedro Almodóvar (The Flower of My Secret, Live Flesh, All About my Mother, Talk to Her, Bad Education, Volver, Broken Embraces, The skin I live in and I am So excited!), Julio Médem (Vacas, La ardilla roja, Tierra, Los amantes del Círculo Polar, Sex and Lucia), Iciar Bollain (Take my eyes, Even the rain), Bigas Luna (La camarera del Titanic) and Carlos Saura (Outrage!). Alberto Iglesias also composed scores for the films Comandante by Oliver Stone, The Dancer Upstairs by John Malkovich, The Constant Gardener by Fernando Meirelles and The Kite Runner by Marc Foster, Che by Steven Soderbergh, and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy by Tomas Alfredson. He was the first Spanish composer nominated for the Academy Award with The Constant Gardener (also nominated for the Bafta prize and won World Soundtrack Awards for the best soundtrack of the year).
Recently composed the music for the film I am So Excited!, directed by Pedro Almodóvar.
- Sh-h-h: piece for String Quartet and electronic music.
- A registered patent - A drummer inside a rotating box: a radio piece with text by Juan Muñoz performed by John Malkovich
- In The Land of The Lemon Trees: music work for Soprano, Guitar and Orchestra, written in three parts. This piece was inspired in three poems of John Ashbery, René Char and Wallace Stevens.
- Cuarteto Breve: Piece for String Quartet
- Volver Suite: orchestra
- The Skin I Live In: violin solo; chamber orchestra
- Talk to her, El amante menguante: orchestra and video
- Siete Almodovar Siete: orchestra