FMF Young Talent Award 2020
Would you like to create your own music for an excerpt from the TV series The Crown? Once again, FMF gives young composers a chance to show their skills! We are opening the international FMF Young Talent Award competition for the eighth time. We are waiting for submissions of proprietary music for the Netflix series until March 25, and on May 30 the winning song will be heard during the TV Series Gala concert at TAURON Arena Krakow.
The main goal of the competition is to select young gifted composers and present their work to a wide audience, as well as representatives of the film industry. Its previous editions brought together more than six hundred young composers from around the world. Main prize winners are currently active in the international film music market.
This year the contestants will be challenged with the popular Netflix production – their task will be to create a composition for an excerpt from the first episode of the third season of The Crown. The original music for the series was composed by Martin Phipps – one of the jurors of the competition and a special guest during this year's TV Series Gala.
We are open for applications from young composers (under the age of 35) until March 25, 2020. The compositions are going to be assessed by the international jury led by Richard Bellis – composer, educator, Emmy Award-winner and the member of the Management Board of American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP).
The jury will shortlist twenty one scores, taking into account their technical evaluation and aesthetic assessment. Apart from naming the grand finalists, the jury will also grant no more than nine “wild cards” entitling their recipients to take part in the 13th FMF’s Master Classes workshops. FMF Young Talent Award’s main prize is not only a statuette, but also the public performance of the winning piece on May 30 during the TV Series Gala concert at TAURON Arena Krakow. Participation in the contest is free of charge.
How to take part in the FMF Young Talent Award 2020 contest?
The general principles:
- The contest is dedicated to young composers (between 18 and 35 years old).
- Every contestant can send only one application.
- The winners of the previous editions and the participants of FMF Master Classes 2019 are not allowed to take part in the contest.
Application – step by step
1. Fill in the application form available above in a materials to download and send it to the address: email@example.com.
2. After your application has been positively verified, you will receive:
- details about orchestra lineup;
- download link to the excerpt needed to complete the task;
- access to the platform where the composition should be uploaded.
3. Mark the composition with an emblem (an alias) consisting of at least 4 letters and 2 digits.
4. Upload your composition in ZIP or RAR format with the name identical to your emblem (e.g. emblem.zip, emblem.rar). The archive should contain two files:
- a score in PDF format (emblem.pdf);
- an MP4 or QuickTime video file (emblem.mp4, emblem.mov or emblem.m4v).
5. You will be informed via email whether your application has been successful or not.
The detailed rules and regulations of the FMF Young Talent Award 2020 with the assessment criteria available above.
The deadline for uploading the composition and the score is March 25, 2020.